How to Say Yes to God’s Call
How would you complete the following sentence? “If all obstacles were removed, I would spend my time…” It may be tempting to shrug this question off as trivial or far fetched, but it can actually help you identify what God has placed in your heart – a hidden passion, value or calling. What if you could say “yes” to that thing?
In his book Love Does, author Bob Goff shares how saying yes has transformed his life. He concludes, “I think God’s hope and plan for us is pretty simple to figure out… add your whole life, your loves, your passions, and your interests together with what God said He wants us to be about, and that’s your answer.” Scripture reveals God “wants us to be about” loving Him and others well, exercising good stewardship and seeking Him to help us grow. No matter what God is calling you to, here are some steps you can take toward saying yes:
- Pray. Jeremiah 29:13 says if we seek the Lord with our whole heart, we’ll find Him and His will.
- Ask questions that reveal vocation. What were you doing when you felt most alive? At the end of your life, what things would make you say “that was a life well lived?”
- Don’t minimize or dismiss what comes to mind. Asking these questions may feel selfish but it’s good, significant work. St. Irenaeus said, “The glory of God is man fully alive.” Write down what you hear deep inside.
- Get practical. What do you need to adjust in order to make room for what God is calling you to?
- Take a step. Identify where the world’s greatest needs and your greatest passions intersect – then take action.
During this process you may discover your values and passions align with the work of Modesto Gospel Mission. Taking a step may include remembering us in prayer or in your Will. Another creative way could be by giving appreciated stock. It’s a simple, practical way to exercise good stewardship, fulfill a personal passion and create eternal impact. All you have to do is contact your brokerage firm to get started. What is God uniquely calling you to?
Please Consider Including Modesto Gospel Mission in Your Will
- Would you like to receive additional free information on giving non-cash assets?
- Have you already included Modesto Gospel Mission in my Will, Trust, or Estate Plan
Contact Anastasia Carroll at (209) 529-8259 or email@example.com
Go to www.christianwill.org/modesto to bless your family with a God-honoring Will.