Each year on the day before Thanksgiving, the Modesto Gospel Mission serves a traditional Thanksgiving meal with all the fixings to over 1,000 men, women, and children–and provides each guest with free winter wear such as coats, sweaters, hats, gloves, and scarves. Many of these individuals who come to the Mission for help live in the nearby airport district, one of Modesto’s most impoverished areas.
Thanksgiving At The Mission takes place November 25th, 2020 at 1pm – 4pm.
The Mission can always use volunteers and donations for this event. Contact us today at (209) 529-8259 to find out how you can get involved, or drop off needed items for the holidays:
Donate Thanksgiving Banquet Items:
• Stuffing mix/Celery
• Green beans with corn
• Potatoes/Gravy mix
• Pumpkin pies
• Cool Whip (Tub variety, as we are unable to use spray)
• Heavy cardboard compartmentalized plates
• Butter chips (wrapped in foil)
• Heavy duty plastic utensils (forks, knives, spoons)
Donate Thanksgiving Bundle-Up Items:
• New or gently used coats for men, women, or children. All sizes!